Monday, January 16, 2017

Found New Investigators, New Companion, Still Not Trying to Think of Home, The Countdown Has Begun!

1/16/2017


Well this last week went pretty well for us. We were able to find some new investigators. One of them is a young man who speaks English and founded his own church He does seem rather interested. The other is a family of two that are unmarried and very Catholic. They might not progress but we did have some success there and we did find some more potential investigators.

Elder Wilson was doing extremely well and seemed a lot more encouraged. My companion got changed. I don't know why he left but I know it is part of the Lord´s plan. He went to Guranda and he is receiving another gringo. I have a new companion right now His name is Elder Powell He lived in the center of Washington for awhile. He has just over a year in the mission. That was a pretty interesting change. I hope to help him out and then I am not sure what will happen still but we are working hard. He seem pretty cool for now.

We are hoping to find new investigators this week and we hope that we can get some people to progress. We did have two people attend but they are unmarried. I do feel we will have more success but it has been a little rough these last weeks for us. I am hoping the member help will enable us to be able to have success.

That sounds great with everything at house. I am doing well enough and I just try not to think too much about home instead I try to focus on the work. I had a fun time with my last companion. Today we mainly were in the terminal and then we talked a bit but nothing else. There were a lot of people changed around which was interesting but yeah everything is more calm. I hope you guys have a great week, love you all,

Elder Throop

*Mom's Note
After this last change and looking at the new year calendar, I can calculate when Tyler should be getting home.  The outgoing missionaries always have their farewell dinner at the Mission Home on Monday nights.  This last one was on the 16th.  They have rotations every six weeks, so the next ones will be on 2/27, 4/10, and then 5/22 which should be Tyler's farewell.  He should be getting on a plane the next morning and be home on the 23rd of May.  It's hard to believe he only has two more changes after this one and he'll be on his way home.  The Countdown Has Begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment