Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year's Festivals Makes It Hard to Contact People, Giving Talks Since No One Showed Up At Church, Getting a Little Frustrated Here

1/2/2017


Well I hope you guys had a great week and a happy new year. Our week was pretty cool. We had splits with the zone leaders which was cool. We also had splits with the district leader. I think it is to help out with Elder Wilson and it was a great experience. It certainly helped his Spanish a bit so he is improving with that. This last week was a little hard as a lot of people weren't interested due to the festivals that they were having. Still we were able to help some people and we found a new investigator that seems interested. I am just surprised how hard it has been to find people here and how few investigators were left behind for us. Still we are trying to work on it it just has been pretty stressful sometimes. The members are willing to help we just have to wait for everyone to come back as everyone left for Christmas and New Years. This just is not a great time for us.

New years Eve we passed fine. We couldn't leave except for set appointments. We still had fun as we played soccer as a zone. That was fun. We hung out with the district leader a bit then we came back to our house to avoid everything. There were very few people in church. Us the missionaries got to bless and pass the sacrament to the few people there. I got to give another talk on faith as no one was left to give talks apparently. That was fun.

I am doing very well with Elder Wilson. I just have to try to be patient a lot. It has been extremely hard here, and sometimes I can be a little frustrated. Still I have been able to see a great progress in him and that he is doing better. That has been good to see. e is very funny and likes to learn a lot. He has progressed a lot and has a great potential. This Monday we went to the teleferico and we made it to the top. Although my shoes are definitely not meant for hiking(I don´t have hiking boots) I have some pictures of that., That was awesome just we went really fast so I was a little tired. Still it was a lot of fun. I hope you guys do well and can't wait to hear how you are doing.

Elder Throop

Pics from trip to Panecillo and Pichincha at the top


selfie


On the way up

On the way up

District (missing 2 Elders)

Tyler and Elder Wilson

Feeling pretty cold!

Tyler's Arizona style pose (Coat but shorts)

Windy and cold

Sign at the top

Made it

No comments:

Post a Comment